The Payment Requests feature allows you to create an invoice directly within the Carpay portal to easily send to your customers via text or email. Once you send the invoice to your customers, they will be able to make the payment directly from their device!
Payment Requests feature:
- Makes it easier to collect payments non-loan related (such as down payments, service work, misc. fees, etc.)
- Provides a detailed invoice that is sent directly to the customer
- Creates a hassle-free way to collect payments from customers for services provided to them
Using the Payment Requests feature
- Click on the “Payment Requests” tab on the left-hand side of the screen under the navigation bar
- Select “Add New Invoice” in the right-hand corner
- Enter in the requested information:
- Phone Number (if sending invoice by text, this is the number that will receive the texted invoice)**
- Customer Email (if sending invoice by email, make sure you enter a valid email address)**
- Summary (example: Joe Smith – Oil change and AC repair)
- Description (example: Joe Smith – Oil change and AC repair)**
- Amount Owed**
- Click the “Add” button next to “Details” if you want to add additional charges to the invoice
- You can “Add” a convenience fee, if that is something you implement
- Private Notes (example: Joe Smith – 3rd time fixing his AC in the past month)**.
- Click “Save & Send”
- The customer will receive the invoice in their email, or via text message to their phone. They can then click on the “Pay Now” button in the message to pay the invoice.
Once the invoice is paid, it will move over from “Active Invoices” tab to “Paid Invoices” tab.
- If a customer pays via credit/debit card, the invoice will automatically move to the “Paid Invoices” tab.
- If a customer pays via cash, you can manually move the invoice to the “Paid Invoices” tab by selecting the drop-down menu under the “Actions Column” and selecting “Mark Paid.”
- If the invoice is manually marked paid, it will NOT show under the recent payments tab.